Sunday, July 13, 2008

What's different in Week 14's Dude That's My Bike

When you watch Dude, That's My Bike, you may notice it's different from our other shorts. Besides my poor attempt at acting, here's some other things that are different.

1. Shot in widescreen. Which is why the screen is wide.
2. Recorded the sound separately. What you can't see is that we wrapped a digital recorder around a pipe in the garage, suspending the microphone like a boom above the actors. Oh yeah, complicated.
3. Sound effects. That's right. There's no dog, and I didn't drop any change.

Coming soon: more differences in future shorts!

3 comments:

Brian McCloskey said...

Hey, I just stumbled across your site and was working my way through your shorts when my browser crapped out....

Anyway, it looks like a lot of fun; good luck with the project!

And if you ever decide to make a short about a pale skinny Irish transvestite with great hair....I'm your man :)

Eric said...

Woah, will do.

Brian McCloskey said...

I have a good feeling about this; I'm sure that films about pale skinny Irish transvestites with great hair are the wave of the future....there's a huge untapped audience out there and this is your chance to get in on the ground floor.